Brexit - What does it mean for you?

Building and construction in Norway?

Your employees will be at the construction site on time


We will help with reports and paperwork

Have regulations under control

We will help you when you need a crew for long- or short-term stays in connection with building and construction projects in Norway.

The regulations on manpower in Norway and working at construction sites are many and complicated. There are stringent reporting requirements, and having control of the regulations and reports is of uttermost importance in order to be able to comply with the agreements you have made with customers or developers.

We will act as your extended bookkeeping and administration team, which handles reports on ongoing basis and can plead your case with developers and authorities whenever needed.

We will support your Norwegian business so that you comply with the rules while you focus on the work at hand.

You can benefit from our network of professionals.


What we can guarantee you

Maintain overview

Let us help you keep track of the reports while you and your crew work in Norway

Ready. Steady. Go!

Be sure your employees will be ready on time and will not be denied access to the construction site

Tools and cars

Avoid being refused entry at the border, with tools and materials in your car


When are you liable for tax? With a trusted partner you avoid unpleasant surprises

Here you will find some tips

I have to apply for a HSE card, what do I have to do?

Danish construction companies that send employees to Norwegian construction sites are often supplied with an identity card that gives access to the construction site. This card is called HSE card or construction and building card. (HSE = Health, Environment and Safety). The card is linked to a company/person and can therefore be used on different building and construction sites and projects in Norway.

The HSE card identifies the specific employee and at the same time gives them access to the building and construction site. This also means that without an HSE card, the employee will not be able to access the site. Obviously, there can be problems if an agreed job cannot be done because the employee does not have an HSE card.

All Danish companies must be registered for VAT in Norway in order to be able to apply for HSE cards for employees working in Norway.

I have to bring my own tool for a project in Norway, which I have to bring back home. What do I do?

When you need to bring to Norway your own tool for a project, you must have an ATA-Carnet issued. An ATA Carnet is a customs document that replaces import and export papers. At the same time it is also security for customs fees and charges in the countries participating in the scheme. We can say that this is your tool’s “passport”. 

ATA-Carnet allows temporary import of the tool to another country for up to 1 year. And temporary import means that the tool may remain and be used in the given country for 1 year and must then be returned to Denmark before the validity of the ATA Carnet expires.

However, please note that you cannot use an ATA Carnet for building materials. Only for your tools.


Our Danish company has been hired for a project in Norway. What do I have to do?

It is important that you as a company are prepared for a number of challenges in connection with start-up and contract work in Norway.

In order to perform contract and subcontract work in Norway you must register in Norway. There are several ways to register in Norway, but many choose the NUF registration (Norwegian-registered foreign company). Initially, you must have a corporate ID. If your turnover exceeds NOK 50,000.00, you will also have to register for VAT in Norway.

There are lots of exciting construction projects in Norway, and our experience is that the Norwegian market deliberately seeks skilled Danish craftsmen.

Here at IntraVAT we can help you get started. With our many years of experience, we make sure you get registered in Norway. We offer you guidance and help with your reporting and communication with the Norwegian authorities etc. So contact us and let us help you get started in Norway.

How is project work in Norway reported to the authorities?

When you want to work on a Norwegian project that has a contract value of NOK 20,000 or more, you have to report to Norwegian authorities. The report must be submitted shortly after the contract has been signed, and not later than 14 days after the project has commenced.

This is what the reporting chain looks like:

The main employer (usually the Norwegian company) must report all assignments and companies it enters into agreements with. And of course, your own employees shall be included as well.

The contractor (the company that has undertaken the assignment from the main employer in Norway) is required to report its own employees working on the assignment and subcontractors, if any.

Companies 2 levels below the Employer are required to report to Norwegian authorities. This means that the Contractor’s subcontractors also have an obligation to report.

This reporting can be done in 2 ways:

1. By filling in a form (RF1198/RF1199), where you provide information about the assignment, contractor (your company), your employees and about the project itself. A paper copy of the form, together with a copy of the employee's passport etc., has to be sent to the Norwegian Tax Agency.

2. If you have access to the Norwegian authorities' contract registration system, you can report data directly in it. However, you are still required to attach a copy of employee passports etc.

Please contact us, and we can also assist you with forms, filling these forms as well as reporting on your behalf.


You're are more than welcome to contact us, if you have additional questions.

Get in touch